Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with Britt Hatcher

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interview with Britt Hatcher

    Oakland Press, Oakland, Ca. -- How do I say it? There is something really right, something quite natural, something rather appropriate, fitting, just plain good about Hatcher's coaching the Assassin's again, representing the franchise -- with his presence at Tuesday morning's NFC coaches/media breakfast and every day through his persona -- again. Hatcher's return is all those things not just for Oakland but for the league, for the game.

    Some of the hires this offseason, you might call them head scratchers. Not Hatchers. The Assassin's search for a head coach was prolonged and confusing, but in the end, settling on Hatcher made so much sense.

    And so now here he is, back where he belongs, again a member of the elite fraternity of IFL coaches. Blending in and yet still standing out, because if you had to do it all over again and match each coach to a club, Britt Hatcher should always be an Assassin. Tuesday he wore a white Assassin polo and black pants to breakfast. He's even got the silver hair going.

    "It's good for Britt and it's good for the Assassins," said SLC's coach T.J. Palmateer, seated at the table next to Hatcher's.

    Next to Palmateer's table, Cris Kelly holds court. Marty Pearson and Rico Flannery are over on the other side of the room.
    "He's part of that Assassin family," Pearson continued, "that folklore, The Nation. At the end of the day, he is an Assassin."
    Hatcher's greatest challenge might not be getting the most out of quarterback Gene Hamilton or maximizing the talents of Kurt Bice or getting a young defense to play well but rather getting the team to understand what it means to be an Assassin. One of Oakland's problems last year is that the players didn't comprehend that games at SLC, at Vancouver, weren't regular road trips. Those are rivalries, and those teams' fans hate anyone in a Assassin uniform. If you're an Assassin you have to love that, being hated.

    Hatcher has to teach guys how to go about winning … baby. It's a simple formula. The Assassin mystique returns when Oakland starts winning. How much they win depends on how hard they work. Accountability is a big theme in Alameda, Calif., these days. The Assassin's had collectively forgotten that ideal the past few years. Progressively the professionalism left the building.

    "People talk about mystique," Hatcher said. "Mystique in my mind, like I told the players the other day, [is] about toughness. What is toughness? Everybody has a different idea about what toughness is. Toughness to me is execution. I can line up and run a route on you and I'm successful, and we've got to have it again, I'm going to run that route and I'm going to beat you. If I'm an offensive line, we're going to block you, get 5 yards, when we come back, we'll get 5 more yards. That's toughness. That's execution.

    "That's where I've got to get them to, to where when we come into a game, we will have to conduct ourselves to win. There's a certain attitude we have to have.

    "I really believe I can get the players to understand when they hear statements like, 'Commitment to Excellence,' that they understand what those statements mean. They are phrases to some, but they mean something to me."



  • #2
    Nice. Very good write up my man.
    I luv British womenz.

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty bold article if I must say.
      "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Britt would be Javes name if he were a poledancer.
        I luv British womenz.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Suicane
          I think Britt would be Javes name if he were a poledancer.
          Candy

          Comment


          • #6
            Sweet
            I luv British womenz.

            Comment


            • #7
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ael&id=2387369

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hawkster
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2387369

                I knew once I saw the brackets that Jave didn't write the article.
                "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                Comment


                • #9
                  I luv British womenz.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Suicane
                    Hi, Mr. Gullible.
                    "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shelly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hawkster
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2387369

                        Uhhhh heres a clue for you........I DON'T FUCKING CARE! What is this, Journalism 101? Are you going to report me for plagiarism now? Anyone who has been in this league for more then a week knows I didn't write that sappy, longwinded piece of shit article. Espically about a nothing, old dude who is a coach in a fictional football league on a fictional football team. What was your point?

                        If you want to call me out, then do it on the field. That shit is weak bro.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hawkster
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2387369

                          That's hilarious, as soon as I read the first paragraph I did a google search trying to see where it was from, but couldn't find anything.
                          Los Angeles Matadors AC West Champs: 2037

                          Pittsburgh Power NC North Champs: 2005, 2006, 2009

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Im aghast. Literaly aghast.
                            I luv British womenz.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Suicane
                              Im aghast. Literaly aghast.
                              ROFL!!!!!

                              I was pissed it took me as long as it did to cut/paste all the different names in.

                              BTW, I was forced to change the names due to the obvious bullshit reporting about how great it was to have Art fucking Shell back as head coach. Yea, ok, he was our like, last chance to even sign a coach, but OK.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X