Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa City/Newark

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iowa City/Newark

    Iowa City trades:

    2005 1st round (4th Overall) Pick
    2006 1st Round Pick
    2007 2nd Round Pick
    QB Winston Ames

    for Newarks

    QB Chris Chaplin
    DE Justin Jones
    2005 AC North Division Champions
    2007 AC North Division Champions
    2008 AC North Division Champions
    2009 AC North Division Champions
    2010 AC North Division Champions
    2010 American Conference Champions

  • #2
    We agree!

    Bye, bye
    NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
    DE JUSTIN JONES
    LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
    TE THOMAS MACOMBER
    LT IRWIN KAO
    WR ANDREW ROBEY
    SS GREGORY BOYD
    RB ALAN CRESPO
    G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
    WR WALTER WALKER
    G AMOS BAILEY
    QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
    RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
    WR JOSE HOOVER
    K BUTCH SCHULZ
    LB MACK EDWARDS
    DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
    WR JESSE LUCAS
    C NORMAN ENRIGHT
    SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



    Comment


    • #3
      Edit: I am an idiot
      "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sovstar
        I've got to ask. What is up with the future draft picks you got from him? A QB in his prime is worth that #19 alone IMO.

        I bet if you split Jones and Chaplin apart you would have gotten more, but who knows.
        I am thinking he does not want Iowa City's first round pick this year because he has cap troubles....hence the future picks.
        My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

        Comment


        • #5
          Edit: I am an idiot
          "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah. suppose you may be right, i have not looked at the specifics of what this does for each team yet, was just guessing
            My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sovstar
              And they've still got the #4, #19, and #36 overall picks in the draft - he didn't even have to give up his high second rounder from this year!! An absolute steal.
              If I am reading this thread right, the #4 pick is part of this trade. I think you may have thought it was a 4th rounder.
              Los Angeles Matadors AC West Champs: 2037

              Pittsburgh Power NC North Champs: 2005, 2006, 2009

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrBigglesworth
                Originally posted by sovstar
                And they've still got the #4, #19, and #36 overall picks in the draft - he didn't even have to give up his high second rounder from this year!! An absolute steal.
                If I am reading this thread right, the #4 pick is part of this trade. I think you may have thought it was a 4th rounder.
                Back to re-evaluating this trade. I definitely misread the trade.
                ops:
                "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd say the trade favors Newark (now that I've been corrected). Like I mentioned, I believe Chaplin may have been worth the #19 by himself. Jones for a future 1st, 2nd, and Ames? Okay, that's pretty close. I'd even give Newark the edge on that half of the deal too - guess it all depends on how Iowa City fares next year.

                  Newark getting the #4 overall pick is VERY good for them as I hear the upcoming draft is a good one.
                  "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow, I missed that that was #4 overall too. Much better deal then.... :shock:
                    My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good deal for both teams, I think.

                      I was really stuck with cap problems and I felt restricted enough that I didn't feel I could build around these 2.

                      We have 2 1sts this year and next. We'll see what happens.

                      I can't say enough how good Jones was for me these past 2yrs.
                      Hopefully I'm able to get something done with the picks I got in return :roll:
                      NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
                      DE JUSTIN JONES
                      LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
                      TE THOMAS MACOMBER
                      LT IRWIN KAO
                      WR ANDREW ROBEY
                      SS GREGORY BOYD
                      RB ALAN CRESPO
                      G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
                      WR WALTER WALKER
                      G AMOS BAILEY
                      QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
                      RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
                      WR JOSE HOOVER
                      K BUTCH SCHULZ
                      LB MACK EDWARDS
                      DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
                      WR JESSE LUCAS
                      C NORMAN ENRIGHT
                      SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The thing about all trades is about perception of value. We all value players differently by either over or undervaluing guys.
                        Value ends up being what you trade someone for, plain and simple.
                        It's now up to me to insure that I don't find a way to fuck this up
                        NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
                        DE JUSTIN JONES
                        LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
                        TE THOMAS MACOMBER
                        LT IRWIN KAO
                        WR ANDREW ROBEY
                        SS GREGORY BOYD
                        RB ALAN CRESPO
                        G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
                        WR WALTER WALKER
                        G AMOS BAILEY
                        QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
                        RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
                        WR JOSE HOOVER
                        K BUTCH SCHULZ
                        LB MACK EDWARDS
                        DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
                        WR JESSE LUCAS
                        C NORMAN ENRIGHT
                        SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh yeah, neither or us have a problem with the trade as it is. We thought it was a little unbalanced though because we thought you were getting a 4th rd pick this year, not the 4th overall...

                          just bad reading by us
                          My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cringer
                            just bad reading by us
                            Or deceptive posting by roadrash...
                            "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              details, fellas
                              NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
                              DE JUSTIN JONES
                              LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
                              TE THOMAS MACOMBER
                              LT IRWIN KAO
                              WR ANDREW ROBEY
                              SS GREGORY BOYD
                              RB ALAN CRESPO
                              G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
                              WR WALTER WALKER
                              G AMOS BAILEY
                              QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
                              RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
                              WR JOSE HOOVER
                              K BUTCH SCHULZ
                              LB MACK EDWARDS
                              DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
                              WR JESSE LUCAS
                              C NORMAN ENRIGHT
                              SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X