The Louisiana Voodoo recently brought in new GM Geoff Greene to rescue the floundering franchise. In a quick interview with Greene over shrimp and beer he had the following to say on the Voodoo:
Well the first thing in looking over Louisiana it was easy to see that major changes are needed to build this franchise up to respectability. I think the fans have had it with losing and following a rudderless ship. I felt a change was need in coaching so Mercury Boldin was brought in to be the head coach. I think his skill set will work very well with what will be a long term building process. New head scout Ralph Sherman brings his expertise with young talent as a complement to our new vision.
I have been talking with the Voodoo fans that this is not going to be a quick fix to turn this franchise around. Like the Republicans who left a disaster in this country in 2007. This is not something that can be turned around overnight if done correctly. Shortcuts, lack of attention to detail, mismanagement and incompetence are not virtues to building a solid winning structure in anything.
I’m happy with the start we have had in resigning older players and free agents in the offseason. We had so many open positions that pretty much all positions are open for the player who shows during preseason what they are made of. I was very happy with the recent draft despite having a very limited time to access the talent. NT Herb Vega looks like he will be the anchor for the DL for the foreseeable future. K Corwin Famer was taken in the 3rd round to the surprise of many. However, his skills were just too rare to pass up. If Farmer becomes the kicker/weapon I think he can become, he very well may have been the steal of the 2023 draft. I think the rest of our draft added some players who can become solid players in our future.
I hope the fans, players and Louisiana community will be generous in their patience and support as we embark on a new course to become IFL Champions. One thing that I have heard already is folks dislike for the name. So in response we will have renaming contests throughout the home games this season to see if we remain the Voodoo or become something else.
This is Louisiana’s IFL team and it is time for a complete change. The fans, community and players are demanding it. I was brought in to oversee this change. Losing and failing are words not in my vocabulary. This franchise will become the class of the IFL come hell or high water!
Well the first thing in looking over Louisiana it was easy to see that major changes are needed to build this franchise up to respectability. I think the fans have had it with losing and following a rudderless ship. I felt a change was need in coaching so Mercury Boldin was brought in to be the head coach. I think his skill set will work very well with what will be a long term building process. New head scout Ralph Sherman brings his expertise with young talent as a complement to our new vision.
I have been talking with the Voodoo fans that this is not going to be a quick fix to turn this franchise around. Like the Republicans who left a disaster in this country in 2007. This is not something that can be turned around overnight if done correctly. Shortcuts, lack of attention to detail, mismanagement and incompetence are not virtues to building a solid winning structure in anything.
I’m happy with the start we have had in resigning older players and free agents in the offseason. We had so many open positions that pretty much all positions are open for the player who shows during preseason what they are made of. I was very happy with the recent draft despite having a very limited time to access the talent. NT Herb Vega looks like he will be the anchor for the DL for the foreseeable future. K Corwin Famer was taken in the 3rd round to the surprise of many. However, his skills were just too rare to pass up. If Farmer becomes the kicker/weapon I think he can become, he very well may have been the steal of the 2023 draft. I think the rest of our draft added some players who can become solid players in our future.
I hope the fans, players and Louisiana community will be generous in their patience and support as we embark on a new course to become IFL Champions. One thing that I have heard already is folks dislike for the name. So in response we will have renaming contests throughout the home games this season to see if we remain the Voodoo or become something else.
This is Louisiana’s IFL team and it is time for a complete change. The fans, community and players are demanding it. I was brought in to oversee this change. Losing and failing are words not in my vocabulary. This franchise will become the class of the IFL come hell or high water!

Comment