Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Schedule Options

    This isn't the official schedule thread. Reason being is that I'd like some input on two possible scenarios. One would have us finishing the first part of free agency completely before starting the draft. The other would have us starting the draft in the middle of free agency as usual.

    I'd like to slow things down a little bit and I think pushing the draft back could help accomplish that. Plus, it allows you to have a better feel of where your team is before drafting.

    SCENARIO #1 (LATER DRAFT)
    Code:
    THU	7-Jun		
    FRI	8-Jun		Staff Hiring 1
    SAT	9-Jun		
    SUN	10-Jun		Staff Hiring 2
    MON	11-Jun		Staff Hiring 3
    TUE	12-Jun		
    WED	13-Jun		Ticket Pricing/Franchise Tag/Summer League
    THU	14-Jun		
    FRI	15-Jun		FA Stage 1
    SAT	16-Jun		
    SUN	17-Jun		FA Stage 2
    MON	18-Jun		FA Stage 3
    TUE	19-Jun		FA Stage 4
    WED	20-Jun		
    THU	21-Jun		FA Stage 5
    FRI	22-Jun		FA Stage 6
    SAT	23-Jun		
    SUN	24-Jun		FA Stage 7
    MON	25-Jun		FA Stage 8
    TUE	26-Jun		FA Stage 9
    WED	27-Jun		
    THU	28-Jun		FA Stage 10
    FRI	29-Jun		FA Stage 11
    SAT	30-Jun		FA Stage 12 (Draft commences)
    SUN	1-Jul		
    MON	2-Jul		
    TUE	3-Jul		
    WED	4-Jul		
    THU	5-Jul		
    FRI	6-Jul		
    SAT	7-Jul		
    SUN	8-Jul		Late FA Stage 1
    MON	9-Jul		Late FA Stage 2
    TUE	10-Jul		Late FA Stages 3, 4, 5
    WED	11-Jul		
    THU	12-Jul		Training Camp

    SCENARIO #2 (THE USUAL)
    Code:
    THU	7-Jun		
    FRI	8-Jun		Staff Hiring 1
    SAT	9-Jun		
    SUN	10-Jun		Staff Hiring 2
    MON	11-Jun		Staff Hiring 3
    TUE	12-Jun		
    WED	13-Jun		Ticket Pricing/Franchise Tag/Summer League
    THU	14-Jun		
    FRI	15-Jun		FA Stage 1
    SAT	16-Jun		
    SUN	17-Jun		FA Stage 2
    MON	18-Jun		FA Stage 3
    TUE	19-Jun		FA Stage 4
    WED	20-Jun		
    THU	21-Jun		FA Stage 5
    FRI	22-Jun		FA Stage 6
    SAT	23-Jun		Ammy draft commences
    SUN	24-Jun		FA Stage 7
    MON	25-Jun		FA Stage 8
    TUE	26-Jun		FA Stage 9
    WED	27-Jun		
    THU	28-Jun		FA Stage 10
    FRI	29-Jun		FA Stage 11
    SAT	30-Jun		
    SUN	1-Jul		FA Stage 12 (Draft ends)
    MON	2-Jul		Late FA Stage 1
    TUE	3-Jul		Late FA Stage 2
    WED	4-Jul		
    THU	5-Jul		Late FA Stage 3
    FRI	6-Jul		Late FA Stages 4 & 5
    SAT	7-Jul		
    SUN	8-Jul		Training Camp
    "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

  • #2
    In regards to July 4th being in the middle of the draft in Scenario #1, we'd probably turn time limits off that day .. for Coder of course. :lol:
    "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the slower pace. I like so slow and tender, not fast and rough.
      I luv British womenz.

      Comment


      • #4
        what deadline times for exports are we looking at?
        NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
        DE JUSTIN JONES
        LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
        TE THOMAS MACOMBER
        LT IRWIN KAO
        WR ANDREW ROBEY
        SS GREGORY BOYD
        RB ALAN CRESPO
        G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
        WR WALTER WALKER
        G AMOS BAILEY
        QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
        RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
        WR JOSE HOOVER
        K BUTCH SCHULZ
        LB MACK EDWARDS
        DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
        WR JESSE LUCAS
        C NORMAN ENRIGHT
        SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matt
          what deadline times for exports are we looking at?
          Good question. I know it won't be the most popular time, but 9 pm central is going to work best for me this summer. I'll be sure to add this to a stickied schedule thread once a scenario is picked.
          "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

          Comment


          • #6
            I prefer the slower pace whether there were other rationale or not ..

            However, in 2k7 there are other things to consider.

            1. I believe that interviews end at the end of FA with the intent that they must be completed before the beginning of the draft.

            2. If the draft begins while FA is still in play, an unfair advantage would shift to those with later picks because they would still have interviews available.

            3. There are only 12 stages opposed to the twenty stages in 2k4. Not as laborious as before.

            With all this said, I believe the slower pace of letting FA end before the draft begins is the best approach. IMHO

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by r00k
              I prefer the slower pace whether there were other rationale or not ..

              However, in 2k7 there are other things to consider.

              1. I believe that interviews end at the end of FA with the intent that they must be completed before the beginning of the draft.

              2. If the draft begins while FA is still in play, an unfair advantage would shift to those with later picks because they would still have interviews available.

              3. There are only 12 stages opposed to the twenty stages in 2k4. Not as laborious as before.

              With all this said, I believe the slower pace of letting FA end before the draft begins is the best approach. IMHO
              slow pace is fine...if you go fast pace you make a house rule that requires all interviews must be used by draft start even though the game doesnt require that.
              GM Wichita Outlaws

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by r00k
                I prefer the slower pace whether there were other rationale or not ..

                However, in 2k7 there are other things to consider.

                1. I believe that interviews end at the end of FA with the intent that they must be completed before the beginning of the draft.

                2. If the draft begins while FA is still in play, an unfair advantage would shift to those with later picks because they would still have interviews available.

                3. There are only 12 stages opposed to the twenty stages in 2k4. Not as laborious as before.

                With all this said, I believe the slower pace of letting FA end before the draft begins is the best approach. IMHO
                The 12 stages are nice, but we were pretty much doing that before by combining stages together. I half-knew about the interviews, but I guess I need to look into that more. I was using the IHOF schedule as reference and they started their draft in the middle of free agency.
                "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dberner30
                  slow pace is fine...if you go fast pace you make a house rule that requires all interviews must be used by draft start even though the game doesnt require that.
                  How could you police that though? And I'm surprised IHOF or any other league would start the draft in the middle of free agency with this is mind. I have to be missing something here.
                  "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Okay, well it looks like VPI found an easy way to make certain everyone used their interviews by stage 6. Didn't mention what that was though. Unless anyone has any strong objections, I say we just roll with scenario #1. It barely even costs us any time.

                    And I'll add the preseason to the final schedule BTW.
                    "Larry Deasoooooooooooooooooon" -- Phil Jenkins

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jeff
                      In regards to July 4th being in the middle of the draft in Scenario #1, we'd probably turn time limits off that day .. for Coder of course. :lol:
                      Hell.. with 4th of July being off you should put the draft-timer at 20 minutes instead... EVERYONE'S HOME!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Coder
                        Originally posted by Jeff
                        In regards to July 4th being in the middle of the draft in Scenario #1, we'd probably turn time limits off that day .. for Coder of course. :lol:
                        Hell.. with 4th of July being off you should put the draft-timer at 20 minutes instead... EVERYONE'S HOME!!
                        who the hell is near a computer on the 4th of july?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jeff
                          Okay, well it looks like VPI found an easy way to make certain everyone used their interviews by stage 6. Didn't mention what that was though. Unless anyone has any strong objections, I say we just roll with scenario #1. It barely even costs us any time.

                          And I'll add the preseason to the final schedule BTW.
                          i dont know the technique but there were a couple leagues that ran it this way and cut off the interviews.
                          GM Wichita Outlaws

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            slow for me
                            2005 AC North Division Champions
                            2007 AC North Division Champions
                            2008 AC North Division Champions
                            2009 AC North Division Champions
                            2010 AC North Division Champions
                            2010 American Conference Champions

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I vote for the slower pace, as well. I like to take my time with the draft.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X