So I am at work. I work with this guy who is pretty new and we are throwing freight getting ready to open the store. He tells me he plays in AOL's fantasy league and he won tickets to the Superbowl. His team went 14-0 in the regular season and pretty much cruised through the playoffs.
A couple players he had that I heard were, Steve Smith, Edgerren James, and Ben Roth......errrrr you know. So I was like, "damn, thats bad ass! Heres what he won. 2 tickets to the Superbowl, airfare, hotel and a limo ride to the game. Now thats impressive! Now, keep in mind, I heard this Friday of last week.
So today, we are standing around jawing with another co-worker and the guy says, "dude, you need to hook me up and give me a ticket". I started laughing and would you believe it, he says, "ok. My girlfriend doesn't want to go so why not".
This is where my mouth drops open! He is being serious! This guy is like, "your not ****ting me are ya?", and he is like, "no."
Ok, now I am like WTF!!!!!!
I corner him later and am like, "dude, you never told me you had an extra ticket and were giving it away". He is like, " I asked you and you laughed and said you had to work".
Now that may be true. But I guarantee you, he NEVER made it clear he was going to give the ticket away! I mean, ****! I would have done whatever it took to go! IT'S THE FREEKING SUPERBOWL!!!
SO, now I am depressed thinking I could be leaving in 3 days to go to the Superbowl, only now, I am just going to watch it on TV and wonder what if..........................
A couple players he had that I heard were, Steve Smith, Edgerren James, and Ben Roth......errrrr you know. So I was like, "damn, thats bad ass! Heres what he won. 2 tickets to the Superbowl, airfare, hotel and a limo ride to the game. Now thats impressive! Now, keep in mind, I heard this Friday of last week.
So today, we are standing around jawing with another co-worker and the guy says, "dude, you need to hook me up and give me a ticket". I started laughing and would you believe it, he says, "ok. My girlfriend doesn't want to go so why not".
This is where my mouth drops open! He is being serious! This guy is like, "your not ****ting me are ya?", and he is like, "no."
Ok, now I am like WTF!!!!!!
I corner him later and am like, "dude, you never told me you had an extra ticket and were giving it away". He is like, " I asked you and you laughed and said you had to work".
Now that may be true. But I guarantee you, he NEVER made it clear he was going to give the ticket away! I mean, ****! I would have done whatever it took to go! IT'S THE FREEKING SUPERBOWL!!!
SO, now I am depressed thinking I could be leaving in 3 days to go to the Superbowl, only now, I am just going to watch it on TV and wonder what if..........................
Comment