Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 14 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I figured I'd beat LOU with my running game, and though I did, I didn't do it the way I thought.
    I thought I'd run all over their front 7, and they played great. Our defense played pretty good in the 4th and OT and our running game came up big in OT.

    I think we've still got a shot at a playoff spot, though it will be very unlikely. Even if we win our last 3, our division record, head to head records, and we'd only have 9 wins, should keep us out.

    Now on to a rival game with Lawrence. We'll seek revenge after our last game where we got whopped and allowed a league record 48 points.

    Crespo has now 7 straight games of 100+ yards which I think is a league record
    NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
    DE JUSTIN JONES
    LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
    TE THOMAS MACOMBER
    LT IRWIN KAO
    WR ANDREW ROBEY
    SS GREGORY BOYD
    RB ALAN CRESPO
    G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
    WR WALTER WALKER
    G AMOS BAILEY
    QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
    RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
    WR JOSE HOOVER
    K BUTCH SCHULZ
    LB MACK EDWARDS
    DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
    WR JESSE LUCAS
    C NORMAN ENRIGHT
    SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Matt
      Crespo has now 7 straight games of 100+ yards which I think is a league record
      I wonder what his season would have been like if I didn't knock him around in our game. Didn't I make him questionable and then he struggled for a few games? After that Lawrence game he's been on a tear.

      The funny part is, the Lawrence game last year sparked life into him as well. He got 121 yards, but only 3.5 per which is low for him, then went on to have at least 4.4 per every game.. until the next Lawrence game lol. I think it's because I know Jester so I hear about the Newark game more, but as an outside observer I enjoy watching that rivalry. I may even do the game viewer for that one next week.
      Steve Beans - Houston Renegades
      AC South Winners: 2009 | 2016 | 2022 | 2023 | 2025
      AC Champions: 2022

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Houston_GM
        Originally posted by Matt
        Crespo has now 7 straight games of 100+ yards which I think is a league record
        I wonder what his season would have been like if I didn't knock him around in our game. Didn't I make him questionable and then he struggled for a few games? After that Lawrence game he's been on a tear.

        The funny part is, the Lawrence game last year sparked life into him as well. He got 121 yards, but only 3.5 per which is low for him, then went on to have at least 4.4 per every game.. until the next Lawrence game lol. I think it's because I know Jester so I hear about the Newark game more, but as an outside observer I enjoy watching that rivalry. I may even do the game viewer for that one next week.
        Cool, I didn't realize you and Jester knew eachother.

        Our rivalry is great and built on respect for eachother. It's been that way since the first year.
        This year you hurt Crespo and then he got re-injured. I sat him out a few and tried to bring him back against LAW.
        LAW has always played Alan hard.
        NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
        DE JUSTIN JONES
        LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
        TE THOMAS MACOMBER
        LT IRWIN KAO
        WR ANDREW ROBEY
        SS GREGORY BOYD
        RB ALAN CRESPO
        G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
        WR WALTER WALKER
        G AMOS BAILEY
        QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
        RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
        WR JOSE HOOVER
        K BUTCH SCHULZ
        LB MACK EDWARDS
        DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
        WR JESSE LUCAS
        C NORMAN ENRIGHT
        SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



        Comment


        • #19
          On my way home this morning I stopped at the store and bought a tub of vasoline. When I woke up I proceeded to lube my sphincter up and pull a win out of my ass. Good game Lawrence.
          I luv British womenz.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by roadrash
            I am now 3-10 and competing for the first overall pick? Guess I was a bit off from my prediction. . .


            Besides, I am pretty sure I can beat the Outlaws with a high school JV team. . .
            Guess this becomes a duel for the bottom of the league. JV my ass. We arent that bad.

            Well, then again maybe we are.
            GM Wichita Outlaws

            Comment


            • #21
              Starting "Papa" instead of Virgil, and some backups getting time on defense almost cost me us win number 10.. but thanks to Murfreesboro's poor discipline (13/100) we pulled through for a win.

              Comment


              • #22
                Bah, figures the second I open my mouth my team lays an egg. Props to the Oakland pass rush, that's what made the difference in my opinion. I made a crazy comeback at the end scoring 15 points in the last 2 minutes and recovering an onside kick only down a FG, but we ran out of time. Props again and good luck in the playoffs.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Cydney
                  To be fair, you knocked out my center too :lol:
                  what about your back up FB and best CB, did I take those out too? if not, they need to have a their knees Nancy Kerrigan'ed right away to even this up some more.
                  My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Coder
                    Starting "Papa" instead of Virgil, and some backups getting time on defense almost cost me us win number 10.. but thanks to Murfreesboro's poor discipline (13/100) we pulled through for a win.
                    yeah I agree that was a key right there. Mountaineer RB committee put up solid numbers also, especially considering that the Mules did OK, and I only mean OK, on short yardage and third down runs. Mules FO has got to do something about the defensive backfield, not as pitiful as in years past but it still is bad just bad.
                    sigpic

                    Mules of Fame
                    Otis 'Opie' Peterson

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      FUCK. I just spend an hour writing out a really good response, and the new update to Firefox closed the window when I closed another link a friend send me. So forgive me if this isn't exactly a solid response.

                      First of all, props to Albuquerque! Another week, another war.



                      Props to the Oakland pass rush, that's what made the difference in my opinion.
                      DAMN. Whatever positive we did was tottally smacked by your recievers! I am going to have to shore that shit up. We got owned by your passing game. That was sick!
                      For those not paying attention to the "Game of the week", Humphrey passes for 403 yards and 3 touchdowns, with reciever Scharf gaining 183 yards and a score, and fellow wideout Halstead snagging 9 catches for 130 yards and 2 touchdowns.
                      OUCH!

                      But, we managed to hang on for the win. And what a HUGE fucking win it was. With Anchorage holding on to beat SLC, that puts Oakland in the drivers seat for the division title.

                      WHAT? After 3 years of getting the shit kicked out of me, I have a chance at winning the division if I can win next week vs Vancouver who has had my number for 2 years now. But, the 24 hour rule is in effect. For the next 24 hours, we will just celebrate this victory.

                      Game balls: WOW. Abel Purifoy. What an outstanding game. 4 tackles 3 assists and 3 sacks, plus who knows how many QB hurries! He just decimated the Albuquerque offensive line.

                      Kurt Bice. What more does this guy have to do to prove to the league he is THE best reciever to play the game? 5 catches 75 yards and 3 touchdowns this week, in the biggest game of his career, and the biggest game in the history of the Oakland Assassins!

                      More outstanding performances by..........thats right, Gene Hamilton. He is showing to the league, he is a force to be delt with for the next 10 years. Completing 19 passes for 231 yards and 3 touchdowns, Hamilton is showing to the IFL, that Oakland will be in the playoffs, and to start paying attention.
                      Still laughing at Gaston Lomeli? Against one of the leagues best defensives, he gains 99 yards and a score, bringing him to 1158 yards and 11 scores this year, trailing only Allan Ho, one of the leagues premier runningbacks since the inception of the IFL.

                      Regardless of what happens for the remainder of the year, Oakland will celebrate this win, and consider the "monkey off our back"!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Whatever my coaching staff said at the half did not help. We were clearly in control of Pittsburgh on the road for the entire first half and most of the 3rd quarter. Then Santed tossed the ball to the Power TWICE in the 4th quarter. The defense held the first time, but the Power could taste the endzone when they started their go-ahead drive on my 12 yd. line.
                        2013 AC East Champions

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Different O, same pathetic defense. We were 7-2 and have now dropped 4 straight. I was very serious when I said this team wasn't going to make the playoffs. Now I'm wondering if we'll ever win again


                          My DTs don't like each other now---something that looks to have developed over these past 4 games. My secondary is starting to do the same. Switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 got me back-to-back titles in the RNFL, it has failed miserably here.

                          Really thinking about going back to the 3-4 this week.
                          [Vito]Stallion
                          Dir. Football Ops
                          Lansing Ogres
                          2030 Imperial League Champions
                          _____
                          RING OF HONOR:
                          RB James Tart [HOF], WR Grady Gomez, QB Nigel Booker, OLB Stephen Srait

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Cringer
                            Originally posted by Cydney
                            To be fair, you knocked out my center too :lol:
                            what about your back up FB and best CB, did I take those out too? if not, they need to have a their knees Nancy Kerrigan'ed right away to even this up some more.
                            Ah ha! How about my best TE, backup LDE, and yet another of my SLBs? Okay, okay, they're only minor injuries, but still...!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              funny how, on a non-game sim day, you're up and ready to roll. :lol:
                              NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
                              DE JUSTIN JONES
                              LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
                              TE THOMAS MACOMBER
                              LT IRWIN KAO
                              WR ANDREW ROBEY
                              SS GREGORY BOYD
                              RB ALAN CRESPO
                              G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
                              WR WALTER WALKER
                              G AMOS BAILEY
                              QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
                              RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
                              WR JOSE HOOVER
                              K BUTCH SCHULZ
                              LB MACK EDWARDS
                              DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
                              WR JESSE LUCAS
                              C NORMAN ENRIGHT
                              SS JUNIOR EL NIN0



                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Matt
                                funny how, on a non-game sim day, you're up and ready to roll. :lol:
                                lol. yeah yeah yeah. it's just how things worked out. got home yesterday, got in my running, simmed games, then took off with the family for the day. With no sleep I was home and passed out on the couch by 8 pm. I wasn't sucking down caffiene to keep awake like usual. So that leads to waking up early.

                                It won't happen again.
                                My banner is bigger and prettier and cooler then yours. I choose not to show it so your feelings do not get hurt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X