Spoken:
One of these days I am gonna quit this old road.
When I have saved enough money.
Gonna buy me a place back home
and live a little just me & my kids & my honey.
Momma says little Danny's not doing to good in school,
said he keeps talking about his dad that he hardly knows.
The teacher says he just sits at his desk
and draws pictures of trucks.
I guess I know what that means and what it shows.
Why I am not home 3 months out of the year and
here lately its showin on me too.
I saw a lot of country at first and I liked it then
but any more there's just none of it new.
Oh, what a long o' haul this ones been,
I've had rain most of the way and now it's beginning to poor.
It sure looks cold, that wind blowing up through that canyon.
But I gotta keep my spirits up, so I guess I'll sing a little more.
Chorus:
I am going down Feather River Canyon.
Gotta go down Donner Summit is closed.
Another 80 miles and I sure am lonesome
cause I'll be late gettin home.
Roll, truck, roll take me to my baby,
I am tired of being alone.
Roll, truck, roll I wanna see my baby.
Roll, truck, roll me on home.
Roll, truck, roll me on home.
Later, Suicane has got the sims.
One of these days I am gonna quit this old road.
When I have saved enough money.
Gonna buy me a place back home
and live a little just me & my kids & my honey.
Momma says little Danny's not doing to good in school,
said he keeps talking about his dad that he hardly knows.
The teacher says he just sits at his desk
and draws pictures of trucks.
I guess I know what that means and what it shows.
Why I am not home 3 months out of the year and
here lately its showin on me too.
I saw a lot of country at first and I liked it then
but any more there's just none of it new.
Oh, what a long o' haul this ones been,
I've had rain most of the way and now it's beginning to poor.
It sure looks cold, that wind blowing up through that canyon.
But I gotta keep my spirits up, so I guess I'll sing a little more.
Chorus:
I am going down Feather River Canyon.
Gotta go down Donner Summit is closed.
Another 80 miles and I sure am lonesome
cause I'll be late gettin home.
Roll, truck, roll take me to my baby,
I am tired of being alone.
Roll, truck, roll I wanna see my baby.
Roll, truck, roll me on home.
Roll, truck, roll me on home.
Later, Suicane has got the sims.