Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2057 Regular Season Week 2 Complete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2057 Regular Season Week 2 Complete

    22 files imported.



    03/23/2022 Wednesday Regular Season Week 2
    03/24/2022 Thursday
    03/25/2022 Friday Regular Season Week 3
    03/26/2022 Saturday
    03/27/2022 Sunday
    03/28/2022 Monday Regular Season Week 4
    03/29/2022 Tuesday
    03/30/2022 Wednesday Regular Season Week 5
    03/31/2022 Thursday
    04/01/2022 Friday Regular Season Week 6
    04/02/2022 Saturday
    04/03/2022 Sunday
    04/04/2022 Monday Regular Season Week 7
    04/05/2022 Tuesday
    04/06/2022 Wednesday Regular Season Week 8 (Trade Deadline)
    St. Louis Archers / Miami Vice 2027 - 2061
    Lansing / Horsetooth Ogres 2062 - 2067

  • #2
    I think I might be done with this team at the end of the season...

    GG Tulsa. The lack of offense is inexplicable

    Comment


    • #3
      GG jmooreone

      We ran the ball the best we have in two seasons today and it's about time. I hope its not a shot in the dark and it turns into a normality.

      Good Luck the rest of the way !!
      Come on in, the Water's Fine !!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I wouldn't look too much into it....I haven't changed my game-plan since last season lol. I need to look at it eventually though haha and see why we can't seem to stop the run.

        Comment


        • #5
          GG Hooper,

          We were able to slow down your run game and survived a couple turnovers to outlast you in a bit of an ugly game from both sides.
          Owner since 2034

          Winner:
          2039 2053 2056 2059 2065 2068

          Hall of Famers:

          DE Shorty Cochrane (Century Club Member)
          DE Asher Hutchins (Century Club Member)
          TE Gus Graham
          OT Freddie Covington
          RB Wendell Emmons
          OT Brian Fields
          OT Roosevelt Cunningham
          C Devante Stuart
          QB Abe Campbell
          OG Ellis Trainor
          WR Mickey Hasken

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
            I think I might be done with this team at the end of the season...

            GG Tulsa. The lack of offense is inexplicable
            gg... if i had to guess, i'd say having a QB with zero accuracy is your issue.
            Owner since 2034
            IFL Champions: 2036, 2045, 2046, 2058, 2060, 2064

            Hall of Fame
            SS Ralph Kerr (8x All-Pro, 3 rings)
            QB Glen Buss (2x MVP, 2x OPOY, 4x All-Pro, 3x Imperial Bowl MVP, 3 rings)
            WR Gage Clayton (2 rings)
            DE Reginald Fisk (2x DPOY, 4x All-Pro, 3 rings)
            K Byron Reed (7x All-Pro, 3 rings)

            Comment


            • #7
              GG Texas

              Comment


              • #8
                Exhausting. One step forward and two steps back. Doesn't get any easier from here. I guess it's good Il like the draft so much given my recent spate of suckitude.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have said this throughout my FOF career. It has been the same through version 7 and into this final version.

                  I friggin hate the end of game algyrythm that kicks in and changes the gameplay to ensure stats are more in line with what reality was at that time. It doesn't matter how much you dominate in the first 3 quarters that SoB algyrythm will wipe all of it out no matter your game plan.

                  IF the DDSPF management system didn't suck so bad I would be done with FOF, but crap, it's all we have.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah I hear you NBryant, I love the game and while I don't know the ins and outs of algorithms, there are some niggling and weird things, especially late game that frustrate and confuse me at times. I just accept it as the quirks of the experience but it stings if it costs you.
                    Owner since 2034
                    League's Worst Record: 2036, 2045, 2046
                    2057, 2061, 2072 IFL Champions
                    2060 - Undefeated regular season, then lost in 1st playoff game!
                    Two QBs drafted #1 overall, then traded to others who made them into stars
                    Featured on Sweat Socks, 2056, 2061 and 2068 Editions (tm)
                    2045 Legend of the Game inductee Jay Keith (started 10 games for us)
                    2062 Legend of the Game QB Norbert Lane
                    Hall of Fame Inductees: WR Randy Fife (2048), TE Luis "Bundt Cake" Bunting (2060), QB Norbert Lane (2067), DE Xavier Baxter (2068), G Charlie Rackers (2070), C Marquis Jarvis (2070), RT Derek Matthew (2073),

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nbryant View Post

                      I friggin hate the end of game algyrythm that kicks in and changes the gameplay to ensure stats are more in line with what reality was at that time. It doesn't matter how much you dominate in the first 3 quarters that SoB algyrythm will wipe all of it out no matter your game plan.
                      To offer another perspective, this scenario plays out in the real NFL. NFL teams with a 4th quarter lead tend to play a softer defensive, leading to garbage time yards racked up by the trailing team. It appears to me FOF is mirroring real life football.

                      IFL Champions: 2031-2032, 2035, 2040, 2044
                      AC North Division Titles: 2031-2037, 2039-2049, 2051-2052
                      Playoff Appearances: 2030-2049, 2051-2052

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey my bad BgBob you have a g+ play-off team I hope you make some noise...I've been trying this run-and'shoot offense like tzach but I can't seem to get it done. Lol...I'm going back to the run and pound I recruited a bunch of Run-blockers so hopefully we can get back into the Run-smash and time of possession game...gl the rest of the way!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nbryant View Post
                          I have said this throughout my FOF career. It has been the same through version 7 and into this final version.

                          I friggin hate the end of game algyrythm that kicks in and changes the gameplay to ensure stats are more in line with what reality was at that time. It doesn't matter how much you dominate in the first 3 quarters that SoB algyrythm will wipe all of it out no matter your game plan.

                          IF the DDSPF management system didn't suck so bad I would be done with FOF, but crap, it's all we have.
                          This has been going on for awhile haha since the old fof days. it would all be solved if you had 4th quarter game-plans or at'least 2-min game plans but alas we here it is what it is...you better hope to get a Big Lead!! Hahahaha

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by joe the wanderer View Post

                            gg... if i had to guess, i'd say having a QB with zero accuracy is your issue.
                            Oh, yeah it is an issue. I think my comment was too focused on the QB, and the defense has been horrific. But damn we have a lot of weapons to not move the ball well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hey Jeremy sorry about that haha we were clicking on all cylinders. How many targets does your top wr get on offense? I would focus on just those players if they're 60+ more times than not that rng will be 20 so I'd start featuring your better players more for a start. Some qbs are finicky though in that they would rather spread the ball if that's the more formations the better. On defense id do the same...buzz helps if you got good safeties for the run. Press and tampa help for over the middle. You just gotta find more guys that fit your type of play. 3-4 has saved this team cause we like to blitz but that's just my new style. I use to be non-blitz just cover-2. Goodluck this rng game can be crazy though you just gotta stick with it lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X