Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancers' Draft & News

LANCERS DRAFT REVIEW

The Draft is over. Well, at least for the Lancers it is. The Lancers concluded their draft by drafting Running Back Geoff Starks from Virginia with the 198 pick (7th round) of the draft. The Lancers were looking for a third down back and we felt like Geoff would be the perfect fit for what we needed on offense, said Coach Bove.

The Lancers started the draft by filling one of their biggest needs by drafting the talented receiver from Mississippi State, Donald Rich. Coach Bove believed that he would be a nice addition to last year's fourth round pick Gabe Tyler and established receiver, Matthew Green. "We needed an impact player at that position he was ecstatic that he fell to us in the draft."

In the second round, the Lancer addressed another trouble area by drafting Albert Weber, Tight End from the University of Minnesota, . One of the problems we had last year was converting third downs and the tight end position is a key to being successful.

"The addition of Geoff Starks (7th round pick) and Albert Weber should help our third down efficiency," said Coach Schneider.

The Third round was an interesting pick. The Lancers surprised everyone by drafting an Offensive tackle, instead of Outside Linebacker. The lancers chose Offensive Tackle Zachary Strong from Stanford. "We didn't expect to see Zach (Zachary Strong) there at the 71st pick," said Coach Carter yesterday afternoon at the Lancer's Training facility. "When I saw him still on the board, I lobbied hard for him. Zach has the potential to make a great offensive line even better. We are excited to have him," said Coach Bove.

In the Fourth round, the Lancers, finally addressed the linebacker position by picking Kristopher Caldwell from South Carolina. Linebacker position is a solid group, but we lacked depth. "We felt Kris will bring a much higher level of competition. Plus, he is smart player who possess a lot of skill." said Coach Edwards.

In the fifth round, the Lancer's went back to the offense and drafted Quarterback Scott Nelson from Kentucky. Coach Bove told the media that "we had him graded higher than most. He wasn't top of our list, but he was a guy we were interested in from day 1, . He is s smart, cool leader and can make all the throws. "When we saw him still available in the 5th round, we fight it was a good time to pick him up," said Coach Carter. When Rondell was asked about the pick, he said, "I look forward to seeing live in person. I look forward to the competition." When Jeff was asked about the pick, he just stated that "competition is always good."

In the 6th round, the Lancers chose, Defensive Tackle out of Tulsa, Raymond Webb, who expressed his delight about being a lancer. "My father was from Little Rock, so, naturally, I am fan as well. I cannot wait to put on the pads and show the coaches were I can do."

It is unlikely Webb will start. Most likely he will add depth to an already very strong defensive line.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

OTHER LANCER NEWS

The Lancers have agreed to terms on a contract extensive for Center Parker Carruthers till 2039. The 11 year veteran is pleased the deal went smoothly. Also, Guard Bo Aranha has agreed to sign an extension till 2040. It has also been reported that the team has made an extension offer to Guard Cameron lane, a deal that will keep him a Lancer for the next five years. Coach Bove said that it was important that do some restructuring and to ensure that stability is maintained on the offensive line.

On the other side of the ball, The Lancers gave extensions to MLB Gabriel Donaldson, LCB Hayden Godfrey, and RCB Pedro Franz. Coach Bove, these are three key ingredients to the success on the defensive side of the ball. We felt it was necessary to keep them together. We also extended a longer contract to DT Jim Jennings. All of these moves are design to ensure sustainable success and a real commitment to getting back to winning football in Little Rock!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PikeStance; 02-23-2017, 08:39 AM.

Love it... great work... now I will need to step up my game on these lol
    GM Columbia Fire
    GM Georgia Generals
    GM Columbia Fire
    GM Norfolk Vipers

Comment

Nice. You guys are raising the bar for us all. Maybe I'll whip something up over the next few days.
      St. Louis Archers / Miami Vice 2027 - 2061
      Lansing / Horsetooth Ogres Since 2062
      IFL Commissioner

Comment

Wow, this is awesome!!! I'll do something like this later in the week!

Comment

this was a great read! Keep it up!
          West Virginia Beasts GM

Comment

Working...
          X