Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Harris Baek, A Vermont Hall of Famer

Vermont Hall of Famer

There will be no hall of fameinduction. There will be no parades. There will never be an Hall of Fame lists CB Harris Baek will make. You wont find him in any of the Vermont career record books. He wont be talked about like the greats. His list of honors includes 2031 all pro and holds the Vermont single season int record. Over 9 seasons CB Harris Baek gave his blood, sweat, and tears for Vermont . At the end of today CB Harris Baek will be released of his contract.

Baek was Vermont’s first round pickin 2029, pick 1.20 out of Memphis. His senior season he led the Conference USA in Ints, pass deflections, and punt return average. He was the Conference USA defense player of the year.Vermont really like his work ethic and his on the field play. In the 2029 IFL draft he was the 3rdCB chosen in the first round. There was a total of 4 CB’s taken in the first round that year. Baek has the most career int of all of them. He went on toVermont and had a good career. In 9 seasons and he played 130 games with 108 starts. In those games he accumulated 409 tackles, 30 int, 64 pass defenses, 5 TD, and a pass def % of 79.4.

For 9 years Baek was a leader in the club house and on the field. He played just as hard during practice as he did in the games. Then top WR Ezra Harvey had lots of on thefield run ins during practice with Baek. “He would not take a play off. As a 24year old trying to make a name for myself in this league it drove me crazy. It wasn't till later on I realized how much that helped me as a player”. In his last few years he really took it upon himself to mentor the younger CB’s. 2037 1st round pick Bob Mueller credits Baek with his early IFL success. “Here is a great CB, but he is even a better person. He has taught be so muchin this league. Not sure where I would be right now without him”.

In his 9 years playing for Vermont the team never made the playoffs. 2032 was the only year they had a winning season going 9 and 7. This past year therewas hope after a great start winning 5 of the first 6 games only to self-destructlosing 8 of the last 10. Baek loved playing for the fans in Vermont, he loved living the upper Northeast. He never asked to be traded. He just played the game he loved.
    Last edited by Slimmikey; 06-18-2017, 11:35 AM.
    One of these days we will be winning instead of rebuilding.

So long Mr Baek!!!!

terrific player
    NEWARK BULLDOGS WALL OF HONOR
    DE JUSTIN JONES
    LB DOMINGO PERSAUD
    TE THOMAS MACOMBER
    LT IRWIN KAO
    WR ANDREW ROBEY
    SS GREGORY BOYD
    RB ALAN CRESPO
    G MALCOLM "BIG KAT" SINGLETON
    WR WALTER WALKER
    G AMOS BAILEY
    QB DWIGHT "KING" BURGER
    RB GARY "THE SITUATION" JAMISON
    WR JOSE HOOVER
    K BUTCH SCHULZ
    LB MACK EDWARDS
    DE STEPHEN BRIGHAM
    WR JESSE LUCAS
    C NORMAN ENRIGHT
    SS JUNIOR EL NIN0

Comment

Fun facts about Baek

- He had 93% plus plays last season, which still put him above average, though he had to take a reduced role.
      - He is the only person every to play in the IFL named "Baek"
      Los Angeles Matadors AC West Champs: 2037

Pittsburgh Power NC North Champs: 2005, 2006, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
        Fun facts about Baek

- He had 93% plus plays last season, which still put him above average, though he had to take a reduced role.
        - He is the only person every to play in the IFL named "Baek"
        That's cool. I really liked him. When I took over Vermont he was one of the players I had no interest in moving.
        One of these days we will be winning instead of rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
        X